It can be easy for customer service departments to continue doing what they’ve always done. CSAT scores and overall cost are the same, so why change? This mindset neglects the fact that today’s consumer has many options in terms of how they connect with a company for customer support.
Based on feedback from our customers, product experts, and service industry thought leaders, we’ve pulled together 20 customer service best practices and compiled them into one handy (and free) ebook, the appropriately titled 20 Customer Service Best Practices. Here’s the rundown:
- Know your customer across all channels
- Leverage the information your customers are volunteering
- Use the channels your customers prefer
- Make the move toward mobile customer service
- Train your agents on all channels
- Share helpful content
- Keep it real
- Turn setbacks into solutions
- Remember your regulations when adding support channels
- Leverage the experts
- Start with the interview
- Hire for culture fit
- Think beyond the cubicle
- Implement gamification
- Leverage multiple channels to reduce monotony
- Allow for flexibility in scheduling
- Frame the job in a meaningful way
- Reward, reward, reward
- Give regular feedback and acknowledgement
- Provide opportunities for career growth
To get the more in-depth look into all 20 of the above-noted best practices, be sure to download the ebook at the button below.
NOTE: A version of this post (and the promoted ebook) appeared at blogs.Salesforce.com.